Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Best Ribs EVER

I've already written about the preparation of these ribs, but they deserve another post. My basic process with two slabs of baby backs. I did use the Magic Dust, which I am very pleased with. I smoked the ribs with pecan chips. I was very happy with this mellow flavor. I also dropped the temperature down to 200 degrees. So three hours in-direct and then an hour at the same temp wrapped in industrial aluminum foil. This was a heaver sheet of foil. It was midnight when I pulled them off, so I put them in the fridge to finish another time. Two evenings later it was really windy and I didn't feel like firing up the BGE so I put them in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees. Man these were good ribs. Lots of variables changes, so I'll have to keep playing and see how the results continue. Henry had a couple ribs and declared them better than Hap's which is saying something big. He is the only critic that matters. If Henry likes them, I'm happy. We are traveling this weekend, so no big cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment