Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beers from Belgum


As I have done more reading about this new experience in beer, I've come to learn that my interest lies with the Belgian beers and not just tripels. Adam and I went to Grinders the other night and enjoyed a nice selection. One of the bottles was a sour ale, which really caught my attention. Back to the liquor store where I spent...you might sit down...$24.00 on a six back of beer. This experiment is not for the casual beer drinker. In college I'd regularly buy two thirty packs for a bit less. We sampled the four bottles pictured above. The Faro and Trappist Rochefort were delightful. The flemish sour was pretty good too, but not of the same caliber as the other two. The Carowl (sp) was a disappointment. It seemed very flat by comparison and lacking in depth and flavor. I'll seek out the Faro again and enjoy it as an after dinner beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment