Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thai Basil Beef Jerky

Adam's friend, who looks a heck of a lot like Flo from those car insurance commercials, brought a packet of Thai Basil Beef Jerky back from San Fran over Christmas break. Adam shared a bit with me and I know that I could recreate this jerky. My dad does a pretty nice jerky, but his flavor is very basic. I tried my hand using my Excalibur food dehydrator. It was a really nice experiment. Here is the recipe.

Thai Basil Beef Jerky
1 cup fish sauce
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup water
1/3 cup brown sugar
15 gloves of garlic
14 Thai bird chilies
1 large bunch of Thai basil
5 lbs of thinly sliced top round

Combine everything except the meat in a blender and pulse until liquid. Poor mix into large pot and layer in slices of beef. Marinate for 48 hours. Dehydrate at 115 degrees until finished.

Enjoy with a Belgian ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment