Saturday, January 31, 2009

homemade pizza dough--dissappointing

January ??, 2009;
Pizza. I threw a bunch of stuff in the bread machine the other night to make a whole-wheat pizza dough. Cut the dough in half, threw one in the freezer and kept the other out for pizza. I was not happy with my dough recipe. Here it is:

3 1/2 cups flour (2 cups whole wheat and one cup regular all purpose)
1-cup warm water (between 95° and 115° F.)
2 T yeast (2 tablespoons, I like my dough a little yeasty. You can use less)
2 T honey
1/4-cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt

I did not like the consistency of the dough. It didn’t really rise while cooking. The crust was heavy. Not what I was looking for. The rest of the pizza was fine. I mean I ate it. I want to keep experimenting with whole-wheat dough. There is a shop in Kansas City that does a honey wheat pizza crust and it is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment