Friday, January 9, 2009

Pizza, Pizza

Olivia really wanted to make pizza on the grill. She asked twice. What father can tell his little girl no? I only had the kids for the evening, so I didn’t want to mess with making homemade dough. We’ll do that next time. I picked up two tubes of prepared dough at the store along with cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, and sauce. Oh and black olives, because the kids are my kids and we must have black olives.

We heated up the BGE and it came to temp very easily. I must have fixed my problem from the last firing. I did not purchase the cooking stone from BGE. I had my own, probably pampered chef. Olivia’s pizza was first. I don’t have a pizza peel, but will fix that before the next pizza bake.

One the grill, indirect, for 8 minutes. AWESOME. We did the same for Henry’s pizza, but the grill must have been hotter because 8 minutes was too long, it got a bit burnt on the bottom. I’ll have to keep an eye out next time.

Make pizza on your BGE. It is great. This is actually what tipped the scale on the BGE for me. I’ve wanted to build a backyard brick oven for years.

1 comment: