Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Day 1: Part 2

Having recovered from my morning episode, I gave two lectures back-to-back in the afternoon and felt pretty good.  Not 100%, but well enough to engage the students.

Afternoon snack:
4 meat sticks.   A student brought these by.  I shared one with someone else and ate the remain four in two settings.  Her dad markets them.  Tasty.  I read later that brown sugar is used.  Not the end of the world.
2 cups water

Not sure I ever felt 100%.  Slight headache and tired.  Daylight savings time is impacting me and my caffeine input was low.  Also I didn't sleep well last night.  Too many variables to know.

Evening meal (7pm):
10 buffalo wings
several tablespoons ranch dressing
steak salad, no dressing
2 servings diet soda
4 glasses water

I left work late, didn't have the kids and didn't feel like cooking.  I figured this was the best I could do at the local pub.  Did not eat the bread stick.  Major win.  Turned down candy in the afternoon.  Another win.  Work meeting out tomorrow night.  Steakhouse.  Shouldn't be hard.  I am trying to eliminate soda.  I have continued to read it causes the body to respond as if the sugar was real.  Probably too much sodium.

All in all I feel good for the day.  A morning and afternoon snack will be in order.  Tomorrow morning I'll check blood sugar.  Decided to try swishing coconut oil around in my mouth.  I hear it is the rage.  I don't hate it so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment