Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 2: Blood Sugar/Blood Pressure and Meds

My daily medication regiment has been the same for some time:
1000 MG Metformin, morning and night
50 MG Carvedilol, morning and night
Lisinop/HCTZ 20-12.5 MG, morning and night
Simvastatin 20MB, night

Metformin for blood sugar.  Carvedilol and Lisinop for blood pressure.  Simvastatin for cholesterol.  I have never has cholesterol issues, but my Dr. has all of her type II diabetics on a cholesterol med.  I go in for blood work in a couple of weeks.  The results won't give me a hard baseline as I'll have been modifying my diet, but the numbers should give me some context and a place from which to measure progress.

Blood Sugar (7:00 a.m., 11/6/14, fasting)
340
316
356

I was so surprised by the first number, I tested 3 times.  I have not been monitoring or sugars for a long time.  I was med compliant yesterday and ate very low carb and low sugar.  Further motivation to continue monitoring and eating correctly.  Also something to watch as I go to the doctor in a few weeks.

Blood Pressure
129/90 pulse of 62
113/91 pulse of 63

I am pleased with these numbers. 

Reason to be concerned.  Those blood sugar numbers are significantly elevated.  Strong motivation for vigilance in diet and continuing to monitor.  Must be back on track.

Food plan for the day:
egg and meat omelet for breakfast
yogurt, coconut, and nuts for lunch
steak, salad, and veggies at dinner
snacks?
coconut oil in tea

No comments:

Post a Comment