Sunday, November 9, 2014

Days 3, 4 and 5

So some things have gotten real. 

Thursday I was hungry.  Jittery hungry.  Ate well but was feeling the change.  Friday presented much less concern in this area.  Saturday hunger was GONE.  Totally gone. 

Friday went like this: (morning blood sugar 314, afternoon blood sugar 265)

Breakfast
4 eggs and cheese scrambled in coconut oil

Lunch
2 Jimmy John's #9 Italian Night Club unwiches.  This was good, but next time I need to pick a different sandwich to lower calories.  JJ will become a go-to place.

Supper
First challenge at dinner; new restaurant know for beer, with friends.  FUCK.  Beer.  Avoided it.  Totally.  They do an all day omelet situation.  Ordered mine with feta, smoked salmon, and bacon.  Chose the side salad instead potatoes.  I was happy.  It was delicious.  Win.

Then Saturday rolls around...(morning blood sugar 295)
Needed something on the move and fast so I ordered two bacon, egg, and cheese burritos from a fast food situation.  86ed the tortillas and all was fine.

Late lunch of an egg salad over salad greens at a veggie oasis.  Some taziki with cucumber to start.  Coffee with coconut creamer.  That was about 2 p.m.  Didn't really eat again for the rest of the day.  Went to a cheese shop and had a few samples, not more than 2 ounces.  Ate a handful of macadamia nuts when I got home at about midnight.  Was never uncomfortably hungry.  Felt great.  Such a weird things.

Sunday (morning blood sugar 245...progress is being made)
Still not really hungry in the morning.  Made an shitake mushroom omelet at about about 10:00 a.m.  Used some glorious butter and a Dutch Gouda. 

Decided to hit up an Aldi grocery store in another town.  Ordered an ice tea and a plain beef hotdog, 86ed the bun.  Around 2:30 p.m.  Three hours later I'm hungry and will move to make dinner in the next hour or so, but I'm not beside myself.

Seems like this is working.  OH...I got on the scale on Saturday morning.  I had my fingers crossed for 350.  I actually weighted 334.25.  I'm wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a fleece that didn't fit a few weeks ago.  Great motivation.  Last winter at the height of my weightlifting and running I was a hair over 315.  I bought a kettle bell today and am going to start a 21 day challenge tonight.  I did this one last winter.  It is an every day thing.  I haven't been lifting so I'm going to do the beginners program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment