Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Eat Bacon Don't Jog: an experiment in eating. Day 1 morning.

Grant Peterson, of Rivendell Bike fame, has a new book, Eat Bacon Don't Jog.

http://eatbacondontjog.com

Over the course of the last week I've been visiting with him via email regarding the premise of the book.  I haven't seen a copy so I don't have a global perspective, but the part I'm curious about is the notion that to really control blood sugar one must not eat very many carbs.

I'll expand in future posts, but for now I'm beginning to keep some data.

Meds:  Typical dose (I'll add later)

Morning meal (7:30 a.m.)
4 eggs
5 ounces canned salmon
small handful of grated cheese


All together in a skillet.  Scrambled.  I could only eat about 3/4 of the bowl.  Just couldn't force more down.  Drank 2 cups tea.

Morning snack
I added 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to my thermos of white tea
2 cups tea
1 cup water

Lunch (noon)
1 cup fat-free greek yogurt
big pinch of coconut flakes
10 macadamia nuts
several shakes fancy Vietnamese cinnamon

Just before lunch I experienced what felt like a hot flash.  My face flushed.  My body temperature increased and my stomach felt ill.  I'd been hungry up to this point and intended to eat 30 minutes earlier, but was sidetracked.  Eating helped me feel normal.  A bit worried about teaching this afternoon.  I do not have monitoring equipment at school, but would be interested to take blood sugar during this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment